Sunday, April 27, 2014

Righteousness of faith

Romans 10:6 “But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise…”

There is a righteousness of faith. What is it? Righteousness means right standing, therefore what I am saying is, there is a right – standing that comes of faith. This is different than the right standing that comes of faith. This is different than the right-standing that comes by the law. 

In Moses’ time, you obtain right-standing by
what you do. But now, you obtain right – standing in two ways:
-      By believing
-      And by speaking

And in our text, it is telling us you don’t become right by speaking anyhow, by asking questions. Who will do this, who will make it happen? So what do you say to have right – standing that comes of faith?
“The word that saves is right here, as near as the heart in your chest. It’s the word that welcomes God to go to work and set things right for us. This is the core of our preaching. Say the welcoming word to God – Jesus is my Master…” ( Rom10:8-10 Msg)

Confession:

I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I am what I am by the grace of God. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, old things are passed away and all things are become new. I have right standing with God right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment