Friday, January 2, 2015

God is set to do great things for you

Job 5:8-9
“I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number.”

"If I were you, I would go to God and present my case to him. He does great things too marvelous to understand. He performs countless miracles. NLT

"If I were in your shoes, I'd go straight to God, I'd throw myself on the mercy of God. After all, he's famous for great and unexpected acts; there's no end to his surprises. MSG

I have purposely given three versions of this passage, so that the passage itself will speak to you by itself without much comment from me. God is set to do great things for you, He is set to perform miracles and surprise you this new year. Are you ready to receive these things to be done for you? Then the Scripture tells you what to do also:

  1.     commit your cause to Him – the book of proverbs says commit thy way unto the Lord and trust also in Him and He will bring it to pass. Another place says He will establish your thoughts.
  2.     Throw yourself at the mercy of God. The Scripture says we should come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find help in time of need.
  3.     What qualifies as great thing in your sight is what you should go to God for, don’t be ask for less.


No comments:

Post a Comment