Sunday, January 18, 2015

Choosing what you listen to

Mark 4:24
“And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.”

There is one more thing I want to point at in choosing the way of faith, it is choosing what you listen to. What you listen to will determine what you choose finally. It will also determine what comes to you eventually. You cannot surround yourself with hearing words of doubt and unbelief and think you will be able to choose the way of faith. No, it does not work that way.

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith…He therefore that
ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?” Galatians 3:2, 5.

Here we see Paul talking to the Galatian saints. They were able to choose the way of faith because they exposed themselves to hearing the word of faith but when they moved away from that they could not chose the way of faith anymore. Therefore, you must take heed to what you hear. 

It is not every preaching that releases faith to the hearer because men preach traditions of men, doctrines of men, unbelief, doubt, etc. If it does not build faith in the hearer, then it is not the word of faith. I can hear someone reading this ask, how do I know I am listening to the word of faith that will build faith in my heart? I will answer that in tomorrow’s devotion, but today, what I want you to be conscious of is that you take heed to what you listen to.

“My son attend unto my words, incline thine ear unto my saying s…” Proverbs 4:20

No comments:

Post a Comment