Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Choose the way of love

1 Corinthians 12:31-13:3
“But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.”

I will also want you to choose the way of love this year. I believe when you combine living by faith and walking in love you become unstoppable. You know Jesus combined the two in His great teaching of faith in Mark chapter Eleven, though indirectly. What does it mean to forgive, if it is not love in action.

“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not
doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses. Mark 11: 23-26


The scriptures say owe no man anything but love. Love is a debt you and I owe our fellow brother and sister and in fact everybody. We owe people love because Jesus loved us and gave us a commandment to go and love. This is why it is a debt we owe. Loving people is not about whether they are worth it, it is whether you were worth it when Jesus loved you. It is about Jesus. So, decide today to walk in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment