Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The things then that touch the heart of God

Isaiah 56:4-5
“For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.” KJV
Pleasing God is doing things that touch His heart. 

What are the things then that touch the heart of God? There are a number of things according to the Scriptures, some of which are:
1.     Living by faith – Hebrews 11:6
2.     Worshipping God, praising Him and giving Him thanks – Psalm 69:31
3.     Doing acts of kindness, being generous – Hebrews 13:16
4.     Ministering to the widow and orphans – James 1:27
5.     Ministering to the poor, underprivileged – Psalm 41
6.     Abstaining from fornication/adultery – 1Thessalonians 4:1-4
As good as all these are they do not compare with the redemption of God’s prized possession – man.

Psalm 8:4
“What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of [earthborn] man that You care for him?” AMP

The love and care which God has for man is also exemplified in Jesus’ last words to Peter.
John 21:15-17
“So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.  He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.” KJV


When you examine the text above, you can only come to the conclusion that, someone puts it this way, “to say you love God and yet not have a corresponding love for man for whom He died is a deception”. God’s love for man is shown in His pursuit of man. Therefore, if you are a believer, your love for God should be shown also by your pursuit of man in order to reveal to him the love of God. Be involved in that and you will be pleasing your Father God.

No comments:

Post a Comment