Sunday, March 22, 2015

Getting to know God through His character

Jeremiah 9:23-24
“Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.” KJV

So you get to know God through His character. I have given an example in yesterday’s study. Others are that He is Love, He is Light and He is a Spirit. When you study these out and understand it, it affects how you see God and how you relate with Him.
Remember I said Jesus in John 17 left His disciples with three things and one of it is His name. Another which reveals God that Jesus said he left with them is His Word.

John 17:8,14
“For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me… I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.” KJV

This should have been the first thing. You can only know God through His word, not through the words of man or the doctrines of man for God and His Word are one and the same. The reason people don’t get to see God when they read or study His word is because they look at it through the glasses of the traditions of men, philosophy or commandments and doctrines of men.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1 KJV


“My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee…Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.” Proverbs 2:1,3-5 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment