Thursday, July 21, 2016

PROTECT YOUR FAITH!

Luke 22:31,32
“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”

One of the things you have to do about your faith is that you need to protect your faith. There are faith building people and environments and there are faith weakening or destroying people and environments.

I remember an experience early in my faith walk. I was in school (doing an in service training) and at the same time was preparing for my wedding. A colleague came into my room with a news paper report, the report had to do with the recession in the country and the high prices of household things.

After sharing the report with me, he made this remark, “how can a young man settle down and fill his house with the needed things under this circumstance?” He said that and walked out of my room. You know what?

Darkness enveloped me afterwards, I mean literally. But the light of the word came to me at that moment and drove the darkness away. God led me to Psalm 115:14, “The Lord shall increase you more and more even you and your children. Glory to God! So you need to be careful who you surround yourself with when you are believing God for something. Protect your faith!


PRAYER: I pray for you today that your faith fail not.

No comments:

Post a Comment