Tuesday, July 12, 2016

POTENCY OF FAITH

Romans 14:23 “…for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”

Do you know that what Satan is after when he comes with a temptation to sin is your faith? Or rather should I say the potency of your faith. Our scripture for today says whatsoever that is not of faith is sin. 

This means that the root of sin is that I do not believe God’s word. Why did Eve eat of that tree in the book of Genesis? She believed the devil’s word above God’s. 
Therefore, when I consistently live a life of sin, what happens is that my faith in God gets eroded unconsciously. When I now find myself in a situation where I need to exercise my faith, it becomes a struggle. 
It is because sin eats away the root of faith in God. So when the enemy comes next time to tempt you to sin, know that it is your faith he is after. Your faith in God is your ability to access the things that God has for you through Christ Jesus. Don’t give in to the devil’s temptation, resist him today and he will flee from you.

Confession/Prayer: 

My loins are girded with the girdle of truth today, and so I can withstand the evils of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment