Friday, July 1, 2016

FAITH TAKES INITIATIVE

Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say unto you, What things so ever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them.”

Faith takes initiative. A lot of times believers say that they are waiting on God before going after something or believing for something but I see something in our verse for meditation that puts the ball back in your court. It is in the word “you” or “ye”. In that single verse it appears five times. 
Jesus is speaking to you pointedly, “what things soever YOU desire…” (emphasis mine). It is what YOU desire. In that I see Jesus saying you take the initiative to desire it, stop saying “if God wills…”, since Jesus died and resurrected, God had willed every good thing for you. So you begin to take steps and take the initiative, stop waiting on God, He is waiting on you instead. 
Do not be like the elder brother of the prodigal son, who told his father, “…Lo these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends…” (Luke 15:29). What was the father’s reply? “…Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.” (Luke 15:31) 
That is son, what I have is yours, you do not need me to give to you, you could take and make merry whenever you wanted. What do you desire today? Go for it in Jesus name.


Confession/Prayer: 

What my Father has is mine. Therefore I take my healing, my harvest, my promotion, and my blessing now in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment