Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What is the arm of the Lord?

Isaiah 53:1
“Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?”

What is the arm of the Lord? It speaks of the power, might or strength of the Lord. Now our text asks, to whom is this revealed, that is who is it that the power, strength and might of God is shown. It is that person who believes the report of the Lord. What is the report of the Lord? It is every word that proceeds
from the mouth of the Lord, which might be the written or spoken word. 

The strength of the Lord, His power will be revealed to those who believe God’s written or spoken word above their circumstances. This reminds me of the children of Israel in Numbers 13 who chose to believe the report of the spies above the word of the Lord.

“But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.” Numbers 13:31-33

Do you know what God calls any report that contradicts His word? An evil report! Now what is the end of a people that do not believe the report of the vis a vis those that do?
“But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord. 

Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.” Numbers 14:21-24


I pray for you today that your faith will be strong and you will see the revelation of the strength and power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment