Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The difference between hope and faith

Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” KJV

Let us continue in our study of the difference between hope and faith. This by no means is to undermine hope because hope in itself in the right place is a strong force to man. But this study is necessary to help
people move from hope to faith so that they receive from God. This next differentiation will drive home to you this reality.

Now have you heard this statement before: “I believe God will heal me or bless me”. Maybe, you have said it yourself. You know what you are really saying is “I hope God will heal me or bless me.” It is hope because the word translated hope in the Bible means to have a confident expectation of good. 

So a person who has a strong expectation in his mind might think he is exercising faith, and will be expecting manifestation which will not come because faith is what delivers manifestation.


So, hope is an expectation, something that of necessity looks to the future but faith is in the present, faith is here and now. Therefore, instead of saying, “I believe God will heal or bless me”, you say, “I believe I am healed now or I am blessed or prosperous now.” That is when manifestation can occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment