Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How do I know if I am in faith?

Habakkuk 2:4
“…but the just shall live by his faith.” KJV

2 Thessallonians 3:2
“And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.” KJV

Let me take a break from the faith lessons from those unsung heroines and share this thought with you today.
Someone can read our two texts for meditation today and think there is a contradiction in Scripture or just be confused. That is you
might be thinking, If I am supposed to live by my faith, how come all men have not faith. How do I know I am of them that have faith.

Firstly, let me say that there is nothing confusing or contradictory in those two Scriptures. The people have no faith is very clear from the second text; they are those men that have not been declared righteous through faith in Jesus Christ, such men have not faith. This tells you that the faith you are expected to live by comes to you at the point of conversion.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8

“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” Romans 12:3

At the point of conversion from sinner to saint or believer, God drops faith in your heart as a gift. That is why our first text say, “the just(you the believing one) shall live by his faith.”


Maybe you reading this, haVE never considered this, but until you receive the sacrificial work Jesus did on the cross of calvary, you do not have the faith to live by nor can you please God. Pray and ask Jesus to forgive you and come live in your heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment