Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Faith and Hope

Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” KJV

Have you heard this statement before, “your best days are not behind you, they are ahead of you”? I am sure you have heard it said, maybe you too have said it to somebody or even yourself. Now as good as this sounds and makes you feel good, do you know that is all you get from it,  a good feeling. 

Do you know why?  It is because it is not actual a faith statement but a statement of hope. Hope is a good thing, don’t
misunderstand me but when it comes to delivering the goods, hope has to be changed to faith for that to happen. So, what is wrong with saying your best days are ahead of you? It puts it in your future, and every time you say it, it will always be put off to the future, and hope is futuristic. 

But faith is present, now. If you keep putting off your best days to your future, when will it become a reality? So what you are to say, is my best days are not behind me anymore, they are here now. I am living in my best days, my best season, and my best moments now. I don’t know about you, but that just stirs up something within me that makes me want to shout! Glory to God!  


Today, understand this difference between faith and hope: faith is in the present, while hope is in the future. To be successful in your faith walk, you must understand this difference and apply it in your walk and talk of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment