Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Faith life of Micah

“And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,  Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.”

We want to learn some faith lessons from another minor prophets. His name is Micah. He prophesied during the reign of three kings of Judah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah. Ahaz was one of the worst rulers of Judah while Hezekiah was one of the best rulers. So, he prophesied under the worst of conditions 
and the best of conditions. According to Matthew Henry commentary, under the worst conditions, he preached comfort to the people and told the righteous it will be well with them. The word of the Lord was consistent in his mouth.

The faith lesson we want to learn from him was expressed in Micah 7:7-8
“Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.”


If you are looking for a man who does not give up, a man who still has hope even when he is down and a man who has confidence in his God, here is one. If this is not faith what then is faith? But here is faith expressed. 

A man who has faith in God never gives up and tells the enemy, the last laugh does not belong to the enemy but him. So while he is down, he announces to the enemy don’t laugh yet, it is not over until I win because my God will hear me. Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment