Saturday, December 26, 2015

The coming year

Jeremiah 29:11-14
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord…” NIV

The year will soon come to an end and right now there will be a flurry of activities both in the natural and spiritual, one thing that will be uppermost in people’s minds is what the new year holds for them. The other thing that you will going around is talk about goal setting for the incoming year. Let  me encourage
you right now, you may not know in detail what tomorrow holds for you but one thing is sure about your tomorrow, it is GOD’S WILL THAT YOUR TOMORROW BE GOOD.

“For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” NLT

This is what the word of God says very clearly with no ambiguity. It is God’s will to prosper you, do you good and give you hope in your future. This is irrespective of what the economy of the nation is saying or what the devil or anyone is saying. You have to believe that, you have to put that as a baseline for your expectation for the incoming year.

Then the second thing that is necessary after you have accepted that base line is you know seek God’s face, that is, you now inquire from God so that He can break that general baseline into specific things for you. This is what will pass as God’s plans for your life. You see if you do not accept that baseline, what you might receive as God’s will and plans for the new year might be faulty.


I PRAY FOR YOU THAT YOU BE FILLED WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD’S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE IN ALL WISDOM AND SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING. YOU WILL NOT MISS GOD .

No comments:

Post a Comment