Monday, December 28, 2015

Seeking God

Jeremiah 29:11-14
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord…” NIV

The fourth thing that enables you not miss God is in what God said Himself in our text; “…You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I WILL BE FOUND OF YOU…” (emphasis mine). Did you see that?
There is no confusion, God said categorically you will find Him. I want you to know God is not hiding Himself from you His child. I once heard someone say that God hides Himself from people, that cannot be true according to His word. Hear Him:
“Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” John 15:15

How many things are made known to you from the Father? All things.
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” John 16:13-15 KJV

Again, how many things of the Father has Jesus? And how many things of what Jesus has will the Spirit reveal to you? All.
I am saying all these to you so that you can have confidence that when you seek God to know His will for your life you get absolutely that and nothing less. You will not be left wondering whether you will know it or not. God said you will find Him, so just believe that seek His face. He might not show you everything at once but He will show you enough for you to have a direction and to still walk by faith.


SAY THIS, “I HAVE THE CAPACITY TO KNOW THE MIND OF GOD FOR MY LIFE, AND I WILL KNOW THEM. JESUS SAID MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, I AM HIS SHEEP AND I HEAR AND HEARKEN TO HIS VOICE ALONE. THE VOICE OF A STRANGER I DO NOT FOLLOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment