Sunday, December 27, 2015

Discovering God’s plans for your life

Jeremiah 29:11-14
“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord…” NIV

We are still on discovering God’s plans for your life.
The third thing that enables you not to miss it in the goals you set for yourself in the new year is if you also engage in what David
spoke about in Psalm 37:4-7 in the Message Bible Translation. I will call the step by step guide to walking with God.

“Keep company with God, get in on the best.
Open up before God, keep nothing back; he'll do whatever needs to be done:
He'll validate your life in the clear light of day and stamp you with approval at high noon.
Quiet down before God, be prayerful before him.

Don't bother with those who climb the ladder, who elbow their way to the top.”

Why is this important? It is because in setting goals for their lives, it could be out of a selfish ambition, or because you are comparing yourself with another. In the book of Habbakkuk, he says the vision you write down must be what He (God) has shown you (Hab 2:1-4). This means God must show you first what the vision is before you set them.  This will come easy to you because you keep company with Him or delight yourself in Him as it is rendered in the King James.

No comments:

Post a Comment