Saturday, December 12, 2015

Highest form of faith

Matt 8:5-13
“And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 

For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 

And I say unto you, That many shall
come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.”

I want you to know that the highest form of faith is faith in God’s word and it’s authority alone. Nothing else compares to that in a believer’s relationship with God. Nowadays, you have believers wanting to relate with God at the level Gideon did.  That is asking God to give them a sign before they believe or receive something as coming from God, it is called putting fleeces before God. 

Putting fleeces before God is walking by sight or as the amplified Bible puts it, “regulating your life by appearances”. This is the lowest form of expression of faith in God when a believer lives like this.

You know Zecharias was struck dumb by the angel for wanting to know how this thing shall be. In other words he was asking for a sign from the angel. (Be careful in asking for a sign from God, you may not like what you might get). When it comes to signs, it is unbelievers that Jesus said needed a sign before they believe, Paul said the same thing. (John 4:48; ICorinthians 14:22-25)


Determine today therefore, to take God at His word just as the centurion in our text was ready to do. Jesus said only one thing is needful (Luke 10:42), the WORD OF GOD.  It does not matter what is before you today, THE WORD ONLY WILL SEE YOU THROUGH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment