Saturday, November 7, 2015

Understanding authority

Matt 8:8-10

“The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.”


Your understanding of authority will go a long way to determine the boldness of your faith. When you don’t understand authority and how it works you will be hindered in your faith.


In our text above, we see a man who is not part of the commonwealth of Israel at that time but because he understood authority, what it means to have one or to be under one was commended by the Lord as having great faith. It means the greater your understanding of the workings of authority, the greater your faith and the boldness of your faith. What understanding did this man have regarding authority?


Firstly, he had understanding of the authority of Jesus as Lord. The Lordship of Jesus is something you must understand it’s implication in the scheme of things. What do I mean? Let me share a personal experience with you. One of the things I normally say in my daily confession is Jesus is Lord. 

I will say He is Lord over my life, family, work, etc. On one of such times of confession, after saying that, it seemed like the question came to my heart, “and where does that leave the devil?” I immediately answered, he is defeated and if he is defeated then no weapon of his against me will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment