Thursday, November 12, 2015

Faith's ultimate victory 2

1 Peter 1:7-9
“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.”
 

Still meditating on faith’s ultimate victory, we saw yesterday that it does not end by being able to acquire the best things in life but putting your faith at the place where you are holy in all your conduct and in all manner of living.
Have you ever wondered why some people got to be mentioned in the Bible’s hall of fame?
 

“Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise.” Hebrews 11:35-39
 

Yes, I mean these people, I am sure they are not your everyday hero of faith but the Bible declares them so. I believe it is because they had their hearts ready to meet their God. Look at what the Bible said of them: “of whom the world was not worthy”.
Today, ask yourself and answer sincerely, is your heart in state ready to meet God? If you are not sure pray this prayer now!
 

“O God forgive me a sinner. I believe Jesus is your Son, He came to die in my place and He rose from the dead to make me your child. Therefore I surrender my life to Him now and receive Jesus as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank you for saving me.
 

Make sure you send me a mail if you pray that prayer @ pastorelekimaekine@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment