Sunday, August 2, 2015

TO LIVE BY FAITH IS TO OBEY GOD

Heb 11:8
“By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.”

To live by faith is to obey God, obey His Word and obey the leading of His Spirit. It takes faith to obey God because faith implies there will always be the element of the unknown, unseen in walking with God. You will not always have the complete picture, so there is no point in waiting.

I remember when I was still trying to determine God’s timing for me in answering the call which I knew was upon my life, I was led to this Scripture: Exodus 3:10-12

 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?
And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.”

The scenario is this: Moses wanted to know from God if he is the person indeed, maybe God mistook him for somebody else. God said this the sign that will make you know after you have brought out the people from Egypt, you will worship me on this mountain. 

Now that was the mountain where he was being called and sent out, and God is saying to him after he gets back there that he will truly know.  That spoke volumes to me back then. So I am saying to you also, you will have to step out in faith and obey God in whatever he is telling you to do. 

It maybe something that has to do with your healing, prosperity, or breakthrough. Let me repeat my opening statement, to live by faith you have to obey God, His Word and the leading of His Spirit.

CONFESSION: Lord I am willing to be willing. I will obey you.

No comments:

Post a Comment