Friday, May 2, 2014

How to mix with faith what you hear

Heb. 4:2 “For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them not being mixed with faith in them that heard it”

What does it mean to mix with faith what you hear? Firstly, it is to meditate on what you hear. Meditation means to focus one’s thought on it. 

Secondly, it is to take what you heard and say it
with your mouth boldly. Thirdly, it is to act on what you heard as though it is so now. Lastly, it is to rejoice over what you heard. 

These actions put together imply mixing with faith what you heard and that is what brings profiting from it.

Confession/Prayer:

I am not a forgetful hearer, I am a doer of the word and I am blessed in all my deeds. My profiting shall appear unto all

No comments:

Post a Comment