Saturday, March 19, 2016

Pleasing the Father

Isaiah 56:4-5
“For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.” KJV

We are still on the subject of pleasing the Father. Jesus said something in John 15:8
“Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” KJV
I know there are different types of fruit but the context of the above verse has to do with fruit of soul winning and that’s God’s highest pursuit. If we are to please Him, we must bring our desires to line up with His highest pursuit. 

When you understand this, you will realize that whatever you do in this life has to be geared towards fulfilling this. What you are involved should become a platform for fulfilling God’s highest purpose, which is, giving redemption to man.
“The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.” Ecclesiastes 1:1 KJV

Notice how Solomon introduced himself? He called introduced himself a preacher first and a king last. What does that say to you? 

It means you are first and foremost on assignment for God, but you may have a platform for executing that assignment. Solomon’s platform was his kingship. Yours may be your bank job, your being a lawyer or judge, a doctor, etc. Just know this whatever you are involved is your platform for fulfilling God’s highest pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment